No products in the cart.
Good morning and welcome to Fox News First. Here’s what you need to know when you start the day
AOC calls Harris’ immigration comments “disappointing” as VP warns migrants, “don’t come”
New York Democrat Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez called Vice President Kamala Harris’s comments on immigration Monday “disappointing” after Harris said during a press conference that migrants trying to cross the US border should not come.
In a Twitter post, Ocasio-Cortez said it was a legal method of entry to come to the U.S. border to seek asylum.
The progressive Democrat also said the US had contributed to destabilization in certain areas of Latin America and “we can’t help but set someone’s house on fire and then hold them responsible for their escape.”
As previously reported by Fox News, Harris made comments during a visit to Guatemala that seemed to clarify the government’s stance on immigration, where it said the US intends to continue working to secure its border.
“I want to stress that the goal of our work is to help the Guatemalans find hope at home, while also making it clear to the people in this region who are considering making the dangerous hike to the US-Mexico border to make – – don’t come, don’t come, “she said. “There are legal methods by which migration can and should be done.”
Harris said the government would discourage illegal migration and people who arrived at the border in this way would be “turned back”. CLICK HERE FOR MORE ABOUT OUR TOP STORY.
For other developments:
– Harris in Guatemala tells potential migrants they will be turned away: “Don’t come”
– Twitter pokes fun at Kamala Harris for handing out cookies from her faceless head to reporters
– Harris tells the Guatemalan President that migration is a top priority after blaming us for the increase
– ‘Bo Snerdley’ rips up ‘narcissistic’ harris for selfie biscuits while fentanyl, sex trafficking flows across the border
– Kamala Harris Visit to Mexico, Guatemala: All You Need To Know
California authorities swear “justice” to a couple accused of murdering a 6-year-old boy
The Southern California couple, suspected of killing a six-year-old boy on the road last month, will appear in court Tuesday as officials vowed to “bring justice” to the child in a troubling case.
Marcus Anthony Eriz, 24, and Wynne Lee, 23, were arrested Sunday at their home in Costa Mesa, 40 miles south of downtown Los Angeles, following the death of Aiden Leos.
A vehicle, white Volkswagen and gun used in the incident were recovered from various locations, Don Goodbrand, assistant chief of the California Highway Patrol, said during a news conference Tuesday.
The officers refused to provide details of what led to their arrest or how the couple was connected to the shooting. Prosecutors are still deciding which charges to bring, said Orange County district attorney Todd Spitzer.
According to prison records, Eriz and Lee are being held in Orange County Jail on $ 1 million each.
The arrests came after a two-week manhunt and one day after a weekend memorial service for Leos, remembered as a child with vocabulary that extended beyond his years and exuded warmth and tenderness.
Leos was shot dead on May 21 while sitting on a booster seat on the passenger side of a car that his mother, Joanna Cloonan, was driving while driving on State Route 55 in the city of Orange to drop him off at school. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
For other developments:
– Aiden Leos Shootout: Image of a suspicious vehicle that was killed in traffic when the California District Attorney issued a warning
– California’s mother speaks up after son, 6, was fatally shot in an apparent traffic incident
– California family members hold vigil for the 6-year-old boy who was shot dead in an apparent traffic incident
– Reward reaches $ 300,000 for the California freeway shooter who killed a 6 year old
Michigan confirms first human virus case with 40% death rate
Michigan health officials reported the first confirmed case of the deadly hantavirus in humans on Monday.
The rat-borne disease, which U.S. health officials say cannot be transmitted from person to person, is usually passed on to patients when they breathe air contaminated with the virus through rodent feces.
The confirmed case, which is being investigated by county and state health officials, involved a woman in Washtenaw who was recently hospitalized with severe lung disease caused by the Sin Nombre hantavirus, according to a statement from the Michigan Department of Health & Human Services “. “The person was likely exposed while cleaning an unoccupied apartment that showed signs of active rodent infestation.”
It is also possible to contract the virus from an infected rodent’s bite, or when people touch something that has been contaminated with rodent urine, feces, or saliva and then touch their own nose or mouth. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), it may also be possible to contract the virus by eating food contaminated with feces, urine, or saliva from an infected rodent. CLICK HERE FOR MORE.
For other developments:
– FDA approves Biogen’s Alzheimer’s drug
– The pill for breast cancer reduces recurrence and the risk of death, a study shows
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
– The California police responded to clues and improved images to track down suspects of muggers
– Ilhan Omar says America, like Hamas and the Taliban, committed “unthinkable atrocities”
– Atlanta Police arrest a man in a gunfight driving past Tony Buckhead; Victims are father of 3
– Bill Gates Divorce Could Uncover Affairs, Inappropriate Conduct Covered Up By NDAs: Report
– Minneapolis ‘Defund Police’ fallout: 14-year-old shot dead at closing party, 19-year-old shot dead at street races
THE LATEST FROM THE FOX BUSINESS:
– Ex-McDonald’s CEO warns that wage increases could have unintended consequences
– Trump: Bitcoin is a scam, US dollars should dominate
– These countries have the highest and lowest corporate tax rates
– Starbucks locations across the country are facing delivery bottlenecks
– Subway meets franchisees with new snow ban rules
#TheFlashback: CLICK HERE to find out what happened on “This Day in History”.
SOME FINAL WORDS
Sean Hannity said Thursday how Senator Joe Manchin’s vote on Democratic Law for the People angered his party’s members and the media’s response to his vote.
“Joe Manchin feels the wrath of the woke mob of his own party,” said Hannity, “Now Manchin has recently rejected SR1 and of course eliminated the filibuster.“
Not signed up for Fox News First yet? click Here to find out what you are missing.
Fox News’ Go to View Page is now available to offer visitors options for pay-TV operators in their area through the Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network.
Fox News First was compiled by Jack Durschlag of Fox News. Thank you for making us your first choice this morning! I’ll see you first in your inbox on Wednesday.